Sunday, September 9, 2012

Work, School, and God

It has been a long time since I updated my blog. For the past months were really challenging but definitely fun. And in those times I reached another milestone in my life when I got admitted to Graduate School. I am now an official working student. I consider this part of my life as a big leap forward.

As I am writing this entry, we just ended the 1st term and I believe I did well on both my subjects. And I am now patiently waiting for my grades online.

I always find good reasons to go to class after a busy day at work. Since I handle the department calendar, I got to plot my meetings ahead and avoid any conflicts in my masters’ schedule. I always find every class entertaining and informative. We get to discuss issues like professionals in class. What makes it interesting is that the class came from different industry which makes the discussion very insightful. This is what I call a nice break from the office chaos and try to move out of what I do and explore other aspects of marketing. Every day, I feel that I am fresh in the industry. And it humbles me with the fact that I still have a lot of things to learn.

But more that the academic life, I always look forward mingling with my classmates. The small talks and long conversations with them feel like I am not just another aging man from the corporate world. During these times, I realized that my network is quite wide contrary to what I think. It is like wow, you know him... Wow you are friends with… Wow, what a small world. I felt that I am a bit of a social butterfly because of this.

Going back to my work. It is the point in time where everything gets very stressful. The management continues to pressure us to meet our deadlines. Everyone is pretty much on the edge. And despite the effort you put in to meet the deadline, some people (internal and external) are just difficult to deal with. I would rather not elaborate on this. The point is, no matter how much you control things; you’ll always encounter people who would be hesitant to cooperate.

Like I’ve said, the past months were being testy and a lot of temptation. Focus in work is sometimes hard to maintain. I’ll be distracted by one thing or the other. But I thank God for being there to talk me out of doing bad decisions. And in these stressful moments, I became closer to God. He filled me in with the inspiration to continue my daily chores at work and school.

Now, I am just patiently waiting on how things will develop. I know whatever happens; it is God’s decision that matters. I entrust to the Lord all my decisions. I entrust to the Lord that he will always give provision. I entrust to the Lord that he will always be there to guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment